Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
Jan 14–Jan 20
Jan 21–Jan 27
Jan 28–Feb 3
Feb 4–Feb 10
Feb 11–Feb 17
Feb 18–Feb 24
Participant Slide Shows!
Elise M Couper
Feb. 11 – Feb. 17
This week we'll view and discuss the slideshows we have created.
Moreover, we will reflect on how to evaluate slide shows and how to use them to support international exchanges.
Participant Slide Shows
of how a wiki was used to support an international exchange based on video slideshows.
Sergio's sample rubric in Excel format or PDF format:
ESL Slideshow Exchange Project
(A site set up to help teachers interested in international exchanges based on video slide shows.)
1. Watch and comment on other participants' video projects and other participants' students' video projects.
2. Now that you've made a slide show, reflect on the process and write to the group -- what was difficult or problematic?
3. Look at the example of a wiki used to support an international exchange. Share any thoughts about it with the group.
4. Are there any other ways in which slide shows could be used to support international exchanges? Share your suggestions with the group.
5. Look at Sergio's sample rubric. How would you evaluate students' slide shows? Share your thoughts with the group.
6. Besides evaluation, are there any other pedagogical issues raised by slide shows that you would like to discuss? Write about them to the group.
7. Take part in our online text chat on slide shows with Kristi Reyes (optional). This will take place at
. (Date and time to be announced on the YG.)
I have . . .
watched other participants' slide shows and provided feedback
reflected on my own experience in creating a slide show
discussed ways in which slide shows can be used to support international exchanges
discussed how to evaluate slide shows
shared any other pedagogical concerns I may have about slide shows with the group
Note: Next week is the last week of the workshop proper. However, on the following week there is a film festival for slide shows. All workshop participants can submit entries and vote in a poll to choose the best three. You could submit the same videos you have just finished or revised versions of them. Winners will receive beautiful photo books donated by Lonely Planet. The deadline to submit entries for the festival is February 23. To know more about this exciting opportunity, please go to Week 7.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"